Thursday 20 December 2012

The Hobbit

I managed to get to see The Hobbit at the big Odeon in Leicester Square.

I actually enjoyed it very much despite the additional characters and whatever else in the movie that ought not be there, I certainly enjoyed the spectacle a lot more than I did with the Lord of the Rings films. 

As I watched it I kept wandering whether to expect a scene from Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit coming next because I really wasn't a hundred percent sure anymore because of the confused memories

Martin Freeman played a brilliant Bilbo Baggins. As soon as his name was mentioned for the role of Bilbo, he was the ideal one and the director's wait for this actor payed off well. His Englishness was very much appreciated as the central character of this movie which is more than I can say about Elijah Wood's Frodo Baggins who was American although the latter was a good choice for a Frodo.

Barry Humphries's portrayal of the Goblin King was warmly welcomed, the goblin designs were wonderful although the goblin town looked too much like some environment designed for a computer game, but that really wasn't ultimately a problem.

The beasts of burden for Radaghast's chariot were priceless

It could be a movie for me to go and see again but I doubt that I will see it more than twice. 

I can't wait for the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment