- Heading off into the world of central London with the intention of giving Prometheus another shot, second of three.
- It gets better each time because one has got over the nonsense after the first go at seeing the film and there are always more details to explore. Sure that probably will see it more than three times if it remains on at the Cineworld Trocadero for a couple weeks more
- Will need another display file any day now to store the interviews collected
- Trying not to say anything in response to that which might sound like a rant about Lindelof and his so called plots with lots of "fun stuff" like clusters of "Easter eggs
- Perhaps the film is even better the third time because one could go deeper into the film, even further beyond the need to be interested in the designs of the creatures or the biomechanic sets, the urge to react in any way to seeing the various designs that I wasn't too happy about are just past hurdles, and the limitations of various pieces of dialogue that might have made me wince before fade into the distance, it's easier to walk around the easter eggs as well without walking all over them and getting something similar to very old egg yolk all over the souls of ones shoes and needing to find a place to wipe them clean, it also becomes easier to get beyond the introductions to everything in the movie presented in the media, the odd similarities to the Alien Vs Predator script fade into the distance, the thing to do is to get further into the core of bigger picture which might not be the same core as the little picture's.
- Probably better too if one doesn't watch the film realising with complete foreknowledge who the android isbut that wouldn't be easy.
- Ever since having watched the excellent action detective thriller film Vidocq directed by Pitof in 2001 ( Pitof was visual effects supervisor for Alien Resurrection. Vidocq featured a villain who was an alchemist who wore a featureless reflective mask and his lair seems very much to look like it was borrowed from an unused idea for the queens layer in Alien Resurrection, ) thoughts occurred from then on that there ought to be the King alien with a featureless face also because there could be no alien face design better than the one created by Giger, so thought came "let's leave it featureless and somehow it's face within would break through the surface when it attacked" and it seems interesting seeing how the concept work for the deacon went that direction of a but pointed end of the head wasn't part of the idea that this writer had, the need to draw the head became a need to want to draw the head shape as a french curve and start thinking about chaos theory
Tuesday, 26 June 2012
Second trip to see Prometheus
Posted by wmmvrrvrrmm at 05:37